Thursday, March 10, 2011

Talent Plus playgroup

I dropped by Talent plus 2hr playgroup (18mths - 3 yrs) today to take a look at the environment before putting my son in. I was abit late, and only manage to observe the last 15 mins of class.

Below are my observations:

Positive:
- there is only one class of kids in the play group/class room with 2 teachers. This reduces the possibility of mixing with many other kids for spreading of virus.
- both teachers are friendly, patient and encouraging

Negative:
- teacher called one of the boy by nick name. When the mother arrived, they called the boy by his actual name
- they taught alphabet H today. During revision, teacher said "Mummy H and baby h". She is actually referring to Uppercase H and lowercase h. *faint*
- When the teacher took out the horses, she said, "How many horse are there? One horse, Two horse.." Shouldn't it be "Two horses"?
- before the class ended, teacher said, "children wash your hand, wash your hand" I thought they were going to wash their hands. But instead, she took out a small bottle of sanitiser and dripped a few drops onto the kids hand and asked them to wash their hand. Shouldn't it be " children sanitise your hands?"

Others:
- a maid was in the classroom with one of the boy. Supposedly, a new student in the class
- only 2 kids responded to the teacher during revision, they others were in their own world.

If the intention is just for the kids to play with other kids, it is ok. Don't expect much from the teaching. Actually, i'm worried that if my kid is in there, i need to spend more time correcting their language and use of words.

Think i'll source for other options.

14 comments:

  1. Hi mummy,

    do you mind share with me more about this talentplus playgroup that you visited? Which center was it?
    You can pm me at may_oct_me@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids are generally not attentive towards the last few minutes of school even in secondary school.

      Delete
  2. Hi

    Chanced upon your review while searching for talent plus group review. Can share which centre you visited? I am considering this school for my 1.5 years because few schools in my estate offer 2-hour playgroup.

    PM me at sunflorae@gmail.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caden's mummy, chanced upon your review whilst finding out about talentplus playgroup. Do you mind telling me which centre you visited? I'm considering the one at pasir ris.
    Kindly pm me at sallychew82@yahoo.com thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh come on she is paid 200 bucks.Give her a chance.Btw, new mommy , pls don't expect kids as young as that to have 1-2 hour attention span.I have taken early childhood course in Learning Capital Colledge.If you do want better quality schools, where they introduce words like magnetism to 18 mths-2 1/2 yr olds ?I suggest Qdees .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't need to teach them big words, but we should be using the correct terminology from the very start. That way it doesn't confuse them when they progress to kindergarten and Primary school. Shouldn't "dumb" it down for kids.They're a lot smarter than we think

      Delete
  5. You can also try to enrol your child in Canadian or American School ,Julia Gabriel or MMI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think what writer or any parents would like to expect teachers to NOT to speak and teach standard English vocab but to whatever simple English they speak should be grammatically correct. With enrolling in Playgroup foundation is built for communicating to people and it becomes practice the way we speak correct or incorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an unpleasant experience with Talent Plus Tampines 498 M branch..Some how i donot find the teacher present in that branch is very skillful in handing preschoolers....i could sense some biasness towards a category of kids...I could see my kid left neglected so many times....other branch may b a good one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mummy...Can anubody suggest a good playgroup in sengkang fernvale area...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an unpleasant experience with Talent Plus Tampines 498 M branch..Some how i donot find the teacher present in that branch is very skillful in handing preschoolers....i could sense some biasness towards a category of kids...I could see my kid left neglected so many times....other branch may b a good one

    ReplyDelete
  11. They do not clean the child post potty. ..they call the mum and have her clean the child.Reason given is not enough helpers...isn't that strange?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi can someone please tell talent plus branches near the bayshore

    ReplyDelete