Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Encounter on MRT (Singapore)

I have an interesting encounter on MRT today. I am 6 month+ pregnant and thus my tummy was pretty obvious. This is what happened.

When I boarded the MRT in the evening after work, and stood infront of the seat whereby "priority seating" sign was placed. Rightfully, I'm entitled to it as it's priority seating for elderly, children, pregnant or anyone who need the seat more than others. This seat was already taken by a young man, in his twenties. He looked at me, and established eye contact for a while. I expected him to give up his seat for me, but it didn't happened. He looked away, and then looked down and "fell asleep". The amazing thing is that those pple seating beside him all "fell asleep" too. I think they became very tired after they saw me boarding the train. Hahaha....

Luckily, I'm just 10 minutes away from my destination and I don't really need the seat.

I was thinking, whether is it possible for MRT to dedicate a cabin for this group of pple with special needs?

No comments:

Post a Comment